Sunday, January 13, 2008

Playing around on glass

Well, DH's birthday was coming and things are tight, so I put my supplies to a test. I had these prima flower bottles sitting here collecting dust, so thought hmmmm what could I do with them that would make a great gift and manly. Well. manly cause of the image stamped on them, but also he is always behind me and my crafting, so this is what I came up with. I used Tim Holtz Distressing Embossing Powder. Great product.

I Used my embossing buddy first, then stamped with versamark and embossed with Tim Holtz distressing embossing powder, then that was dry, I put a top coat of clear finger nail polish over that and let it dry then the final touch was to heat it up with my embossing gun and let them set. Each time I used my embossing gun on them, I let them cool completely b/4 going on to the next step. I don't wood mount my stamps, I use the easy mount system, this allowed me to ink the stamp, curve it in my hand then lay it on the bottle








All images are copyrighted by Stampin Up 1998-2008

4 comments:

Pieces of me said...

How cool I bet Mick loves these.
Nice work as always.
Peace~

Kelly C said...

love what you did with the prima bottles!!

Suzeqscraps said...

Thanx ladies, I am a collector of lots of things I might use one day, glad I found a place for these.

Debby said...

Wow, these are fantastic. I would love to do something like this for my kitchen. Might have to look for some bottles to use now. TFS
Debby
http://debbysstampinheaven.blogspot.com/